HOW TO MAKE CHANGES OR UPDATES TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND SERVICES
Making changes and updates has never been so easy! To make changes to your ECFiber account or services all that is required is an email request sent to Support@ECFiber.net. Here are some examples of the changes you can request via email.
– Seasonal Disconnect/Reconnect
– Speed Increase/Decrease
– Auto Pay Setup/Cancellation
– Billing/Mailing Address Update
– Contact Information Update
Phone Service Disruption
Are you experiencing issues with your ECFiber phone service, dropped calls, static, or delays during a call?
Please fill out our Phone Issue Support Form.
Once we have received your completed form one of our technicians will begin working to resolve the situation as soon as possible.
We are aware of an ongoing issue and the more examples we have from customers the faster we will be able to have a resolution.
Test Your Current Internet Speed
Not receiving emails or invoices from ECFiber
1. If you are not receiving your invoices or monthly news letters from ECFiber they are getting blocked by your Email provider, and being mistaken as spam
2. To list ECFiber as a trusted contact please follow this link How to whitelist ECFiber.
Can’t visit a website or access email
1. If you are unable to visit a specific website, try another. If you are able to connect to/open another website, the initial problem is at that website. Try later.
2. Ensure that your cables are inserted tightly into your router, computer or other device.
3. Check your router: are all the lights on? If the power is out, your router will be unable to provide Internet to your computer.
4. Turn the router off at its switch. Unplug your router from the power outlet for one minute, plug it back in, and wait another minute to turn it back on. Your computer may need to be restarted as well after this procedure.
No Dial Tone
1. Unplug all phones in your house.
2. Try plugging a simple corded phone into each wall jack.
3. If you get a dial tone on some jacks and not on others, you will need to call an electrician.
4. If all jacks are working but some phones work and others do not, replace the dead phones or contact the phone manufacturer.
Phones Issues with a Specific Number
If you have trouble with calls to a specific number, contact ECFiber and have the following information ready
1. The exact date(s) and time(s) that you attempted to place call(s) to this remote number. Some telephone issues need to be tested within 24 hours of a failed call.
2. Descriptive details about the quality of the connection.
3. Whether the issue is triggered when you call the remote number, or when they call you.
NOTE: The following instructions are for customers with separate wireless routers, and not for those with integrated wireless systems. If you have a Netgear, Linksys, TP-Link, or some other branded wireless router read on. If you are not sure, please contact the office prior to troubleshooting.
If you connect to the Internet using a wireless router you may occasionally find your connection gets spotty. To check to see if the issue is with your wireless router or your ECFiber connection, you will need to bypass the wireless router completely to troubleshoot. Bypassing the wireless router requires having access to a computer with an Ethernet port, and connecting that computer directly to the ECFiber connection. That may be indoor equipment or an Ethernet cable or jack. If you are unsure which you have, email or call the office to find out. If you don’t have a computer with an Ethernet port, you may need to borrow one from a friend or look to purchase an adapter