Dear ECFiber Customers and Subscribers,
Thanks for your continued support and loyalty as we continue our work to see that high speed internet can reach everyone in our 23 member towns.
We are actively monitoring and planning for the Coronavirus both in our office and out in the field as we do construction and installations, and have implemented several precautionary steps.
Our staff is practicing good hygiene protocols and are instructed (and supported with paid leave time) to stay home if they are not feeling well.
We continue to do our work, however, and that may sometimes mean scheduling times when our Installation Technicians are visiting your home to conduct maintenance, repairs or new installations.
To facilitate our work and make sure we can continue to service existing and new customers effectively, please help us by understanding what we’re doing to reduce risks to our employees and to you, and by doing your part to help:
- Our commitment to you is that our Installation Technicians will not come to your house if they are at all feeling ill;
- They have been instructed to not shake hands with customers until further notice – so thank you for understanding that this is an easy way to reduce exposure to you and to us;
- We MUST practice “social distancing” in order to ensure we can continue to serve customers. This means upon welcoming your installer we need you to keep your distance (a minimum of 6 feet) from them while they are in your home. This is for your health and ours.
- Installers are using hand sanitizers before and after each site visit;
- When scheduling a visit, our Customer Service staff will be asking you to please call to reschedule if anyone in your household is not feeling well or is sick on the day we are scheduled to come. Please let us know as soon as possible, preferably the day before our scheduled visit. The number to call is (802) 763-2262. Our installers have the authority to not proceed with an installation if they feel they are at risk due to household illnesses.
- We will make it a priority to reschedule your installation or work as soon as we can.
- We expect outside work on poles and for attachments to houses to continue without interruption, but if anything changes on that front we will let you know.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 health advisories and take further actions as warranted. We will keep our website www.ecfiber.net up to date with information related to this issue. Thank you so much for your support, cooperation and understanding.