ValleyNet / ECFiber is looking for an experienced Outside Plant Fiber Technician to join our team. This full-time position offers a competitive wage and benefits package including health and dental, 401K, vacation and holidays.
The Fiber Technician is responsible for splicing, maintaining and troubleshooting the fiber optic system. This position requires a reliable, self-motivated team member who displays a positive attitude while meeting ECFiber’s mission to provide fiber optic service to subscribers in East Central Vermont.
- Making connections for subscribers from utility pole to house, aerially or underground through conduit.
- Mounting network interface device on the premises.
- Splicing into the system and into Optical Network Terminal to record a light level.
- Repairing and maintaining the fiber network.
- Testing and troubleshooting the fiber network.
- Following industry safety protocol at all times.
- Able to climb poles with climbing gear (gaffs and belts) and be able to carry, raise and set a ladder.
- Write legibly and record daily logs and customer information.
- Able to perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
- Complete fiber ring cuts without affecting existing services.
- Ability to be called in during emergency situations on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds.
- Ability to drive a bucket truck with attached trailer.
- Follow company policies.
- High School education or equivalent.