Want to work for a vibrant, growing company that’s providing wicked-fast internet to local communities? ValleyNet is hiring! Working through ValleyNet – the operating company of ECFiber – you’ll be part of a team of dedicated people that is designing, constructing and installing fiber optic cable with the goal of reaching every home and business in the East-Central Vermont, White River Valley area.
We are looking for a Network Administrator to be involved with our internal application/security stack and our external customer network hardware/firmware. This position reports to the CTO.
This person in this position will be responsible for, or participate in
- Overseeing the installation, maintenance, inventory and user support for
- External Network Hardware
- Business software usage, configuration and upgrades including Office 365 and industry specific business operations systems
- Server procurement and installation
- Firewall procurement and installation
- Creating written procedures for all functions, following reasonable best practices to ensure the security of ValleyNet’s internal network
- Staff PC procurement & configuration
- Account administration and user authorization
- Supporting office employees – helping troubleshoot issues with the tech or software stack
You should be experienced in Office 365 administration and the establishment and maintenance of network and end-user hardware, virtualization, firmware, software and security stacks. Familiarity with ISP networks is a big plus, but we will train the right person. 5 – 10 years’ experience will get you a leg up in the competition, but you must like working with customers, some who are new to fiber technology and often new to broadband internet. Certification and educational credentials are desired. Patience and love of the work is the key!
If interested in applying for the position please submit a resume, cover letter, and your salary desires along with a completed online application form HERE.