ECFiber is looking for an experienced Outside Plant Fiber Technician to join our team. This position offers benefits including health, dental, 401K and vacation.
The fiber technician will be responsible for splicing, maintaining and troubleshooting the fiber optic system. This position requires a person who is reliable and self-motivated with a positive attitude towards meeting ECFiber’s customer goals and must work well in a team.
- Making customer connections from pole to house aerially or underground through conduit.
- Mounting Network Interface Device on the premises.
- Splicing into the system and into Optical Network Terminal to record a light level
- Repair and maintenance of the fiber network
- Testing and troubleshooting the fiber network.
- Following safety protocol in the field at all times.
- Must be able to climb poles with climbing gear (gaffs and belt) or be able to learn, and be able to carry, raise and set a ladder.
- Write legible to record daily logs and customer information.
- Must be able to perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
- Complete fiber ring cuts without effecting existing services.
- Must have the ability to be called in for emergency situations evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs.
- Drive bucket truck with trailer
- Follow company policies
- High School Education or equivalent