Reports to: Senior Technician
Perform the tasks necessary to establish Valley Net clients fiber optic Internet service in the home of a new customer as well as assist in troubleshooting and repairing the services of existing customers. A successful installation technician will:
- Ensure each installation is completed in a timely, safe and professional manner.
- Exhibit superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
Installation Technician responsibilities include:
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Optimize home networks on Windows PCs, Macs, and various Wi-Fi/mobile devices.
- Understand and execute low-voltage structured wiring principals. Maintain high standards of craftsmanship and service.
- Ability to carry 50 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work on a ladder.
- Operate construction equipment, such as power drills, fish tapes and related equipment.
- Serve as point of escalation for customer requests.
- Conduct each installation in a safe manner.
- Remain current on our products and services.
- Exhibit consistent good judgment; make decisions independently and without supervision.
- Reliably arrive at the work place on time for ones shift and ready to work.
- Manage situations with a calm, pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Record each and every installation accurately, providing any and all paperwork associated with said installation in a timely fashion.
- Special projects as assigned by senior management.
Installation technician performance objectives are expected to include:
- Complete a minimum of two standard installations per day through effective time management.
- Maintain 100% positive customer satisfaction levels as measured by post-install surveys.
Installation Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma
- At least 1 year(s) of applicable construction or telecommunications installation experience, preferably in a technical field.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
A successful Installation Technician candidate will possess:
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong desire to provide stellar customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of basic construction techniques and methods.
- Strong working knowledge of wiring and home wiring techniques.
- Strong sense of initiative and sense of pride in a job well done.
- The ability to make tough, rational decisions and communicate them effectively to staff and customers.