FIBER OPTIC INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN
Perform the tasks necessary to establish ValleyNet fiber optic Internet service in homes and businesses, as well as assist in troubleshooting and repairing the services of existing customers. A successful installation technician will:
- Ensure each installation is completed in a timely, safe and professional manner.
- Exhibit superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
Installation Technician responsibilities include:
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to potential residential and business customers.
- Optimize home networks on Windows PCs, Macs, and various Wi-Fi/mobile devices.
- Understand and execute low-voltage structured wiring principals. Maintain high standards of craftsmanship and service.
- Ability to carry 50 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work on a ladder.
- Operate construction equipment, such as power drills, fish tapes and related equipment.
- Serve as point of escalation for customer requests.
- Conduct each installation in a safe manner.
- Remain current on our products and services.
- Exhibit consistent good judgment; make decisions independently and with minimal supervision.
- Reliably arrive at the work place on time and ready to work.
- Manage situations with a calm, pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Record each and every installation accurately, providing any and all paper or computer work associated with said installation in a timely fashion.
- Special projects and all other work as assigned by management.
415 Waterman Road
Royalton, VT 05068