ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE/ACCOUNTING CLERK
Want to join a vibrant, growing company providing fiber-optic internet service to local communities? Working through ValleyNet, the operating company for ECFiber and LymeFiber, you’ll be part of a team of dedicated people that is designing, constructing, and installing fiber optic cable to deliver wicked fast internet service to every home and business in the East Central Vermont, White River Valley area. ValleyNet is looking for the right person to serve as an Accounts Receivable/Accounting clerk, full-time or part-time, to assist with accounts receivable and other accounting related duties for a fast-growing customer-base. We offer competitive pay and a generous benefit package. The right person will be responsible for, or participate in:
- Posting customer payments by recording and processing checks and credit/debit card transactions.
- Preparing reports and bank deposits.
- Participating in the monthly process for customer disconnections for non-payment through scheduled courtesy calls
- Communicating with customers via phone and email, requesting payments and arranging payment plans and reconnections.
- Performing account reconciliations.
- Managing returned payments, credit card expiration notices and e-check and credit card input errors.
- Researching and resolving payment discrepancies and processing billing adjustments or credits.
- Supporting other accounting/finance team members.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures.
- Effective telephone presence
- Ability to provide courteous, efficient service to customers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Google drive.
- 1+ year of accounts receivable and/or general accounting experience.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and a degree or certification in accounting is desirable.
If interested in applying for the position please submit a resume, cover letter, and your salary desires along with a completed online application form HERE. You can also download and print an application form HERE, and submit it with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or via USPS mail to Human Resources, ValleyNet, P.O. Box 323, So. Royalton, VT 05068.