Troubleshooting ECFiber Services
Before calling our office here are a few quick and easy steps to take to correct common problems:
Can’t visit a website or access email
- If you are unable to visit a specific website, try another. If you are able to connect to/open another website, the initial problem is at that website. Try later.
- Ensure that your cables are inserted tightly into your router, computer or other device.
- Check your router: View our guide on troubleshooting wireless connections.
- Test your speeds by visiting this page, and clicking on BEGIN TEST.
No Dial Tone
- Unplug all phones in your house.
- Try plugging a simple corded phone into each wall jack.
- If you get a dial tone on some jacks and not on others, you will need to call an electrician.
- If all jacks are working but some phones work and others do not, replace the dead phones or contact the phone manufacturer.
How to Use ECFiber Phone Service
Please download the Telephone Service User Guide.
Phones Issues with a Specific Number
If you have trouble with calls to a specific number, contact ECFiber and have the following information ready
- The exact date(s) and time(s) that you attempted to place call(s) to this remote number. Some telephone issues need to be tested within 24 hours of a failed call.
- Descriptive details about the quality of the connection.
- Whether the issue is triggered when you call the remote number, or when they call you.
Please note: You may incur service charges if ECFiber staff are called to deal with problems related to a subscriber-owned router.
Print Me! Troubleshooting Tips – PDF Format