Troubleshooting ECFiber Services
Before calling our office here are a few quick and easy steps to take to correct common problems:
Can’t visit a website or access email
- If you are unable to visit a specific website, try another. If you are able to connect to/open another website, the initial problem is at that website. Try later.
- Ensure that your cables are inserted tightly into your router, computer or other device.
- Check your router: View our guide on troubleshooting wireless connections.
- Test your speeds by visiting this page, and clicking on BEGIN TEST.
No Dial Tone
- Unplug all phones in your house.
- Try plugging a simple corded phone into each wall jack.
- If you get a dial tone on some jacks and not on others, you will need to call an electrician.
- If all jacks are working but some phones work and others do not, replace the dead phones or contact the phone manufacturer.
Phones Issues with a Specific Number
If you have trouble with calls to a specific number, contact ECFiber and have the following information ready
- The exact date(s) and time(s) that you attempted to place call(s) to this remote number. Some telephone issues need to be tested within 24 hours of a failed call.
- Descriptive details about the quality of the connection.
- Whether the issue is triggered when you call the remote number, or when they call you.
Please note: You may incur service charges if ECFiber staff are called to deal with problems related to a subscriber-owned router.
Print Me! Troubleshooting Tips – PDF Format